Monday, January 14, 2008

House of Nyla

***This post simul-posted at the MODA blog***

Nyla Cheeky of House of Nyla is not only enormously talented in Second Life, she's also got an amazing shop in Real Life, which she bases her SL designs on. Recently she had a 50% off sale, and after being dragged kicking and screaming by Jujudoll, I found myself snapping up many of her gorgeous creations. I then ran straight home and started snapping pictures!

House of Nyla is located at Starax.

My first purchase was this Peacock Feather Lingerie I've had my eye on for quite a while. I love peacock feathers and have many, many items which incorporate them so this was a natural purchase for me. I paired this with the Jackie hair from ETD, and my Sin Skin from the Ton Visage collection.

Next up is the shorter version of another of Nyla's dresses, the Dark Green Crochet Mini. The real-life version of this (seen here) is the most amazing dress I have ever seen, and how I wish I could have one (and pull it off the way the model does!). I bought both versions, this one is the short one. My ONLY problem with this dress was the difficulty I had with the system skirt. A skirt shape didn't look right so ultimately, I decided to just not use one. I wore the Rose hair from ETD, and the Vidalia Pump in Metallic Noir from Armidi Gisaci.

Next up is the Patent Pressed Flower Leather Shorty Catsuit. Big name, little shorts! I especially love the buckles on the front, and the sweet little tophat which is included. This was paired with the Miyabi hair from Zero Style, and the Vidalia Pump in Metallic Noir from Armidi Gisaci.


Last but definitely not least is the long version of the crochet gown, in black. Again, I had some difficulties with the system skirt but overall, this dress is absolutely stunning with its long flexi skirt with godets.

Real-life versions of almost everything I showed (with the exception of the peacock feather lingerie) are shown on the House of Nyla website, and definitely get over to Starax and check out Nyla's amazing in-world fashions as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fellow blogger here, found your site via Typo3, and I have a
piece of advice: write more. Literally, it seems like you relied on the video to drive your point
home. It's obvious you know your stuff, so why not use your knowledge to write something more considerable and keep the video as something secondary (if there at all)?

Here is my website ... 성인용품사이트추천